Wow, another promotion! Less than a year into the job, the company VP has selected you to take over as department manager due to the retirement of the current manager. You will oversee six supervisors with a combined total of 73 employees. The company continues to grow and your department is going to take over sales as well as marketing/promotion. The reorganization means change for the department. It is your job as the department manager to lead that change so that the company is able to reach its goals and achieve its vision.
Write a paper that specifically addresses your leadership strategy. Articulate how you would address the following:
- Discuss how you will lead the change brought on by the reorganization.
- Determine how to keep your team motivated, engaged, and willing to embrace the change.
- Identify and examine factors that might hinder your process. Summarize how you plan to address them.
- Articulate how you will lead the supervisors within your department.
- Predict challenges you expect to encounter as you lead a highly diversified department.
Support your paper with a minimum of four (4) resources, which may include your required text(s). In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 6-7 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards – 6th Edition