After viewing the video and reading the article Feminist Family Therapy for Treating Female Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse, what differences and similarities do you see between the traditional systems approach to family therapy and the feminist family therapy approach? Remember to cite the readings (using in-text citations) in your posts and include a reference list APA style at the bottom of the post. Minimum 3 paragraphs.
Do you believe the home based treatment approach as described in the journal article reading was effective? Why or why not? As the counselor, what might you have done the same? What might you have done differently as the counselor? Remember to cite the readings (using in-text citations) in your posts and include a reference list APA style at the bottom of the post. Minimum 3 paragraphs.
What feelings did you experience during the exercise that you completed at the start of this week’s lecture, on your spirituality/religion, ethnicity, and gender being changed? Remember to cite the readings (using in-text citations) in your posts and include a reference list APA style at the bottom of the post. Minimum 3 paragraphs.
Week 2: Reflection Paper
Imagine that you are about to embark on a family therapy journey with a family of a cultural background that differs from your own, be it race, ethnicity, religion, or socioeconomic status. The readings have challenged you to find out as much as you can about the family’s background so that you are equipped with the information needed to form an effective working relationship with this family. Include answers to the following questions to guide the flow of your paper.
Your paper should be 3 pages in length. Please use APA format and cite the references that you find while researching the family’s background.
You will need to include a cover page APA style, 3 page paper APA style, and Reference page APA style. You will not need an abstract page for any paper for this course, do not include the abstract page.
- What family did you choose?
- How is this family different from your own? For example, how are their values and beliefs different?
- What rules do this family follow and how are these rules different from the rules that you and your family follow?
- What family roles exist?
- Are there any similarities that exist between you and this family?
- What information about the family will you need to process through your “cultural filter” in order to be most effective when working with the family?
- What aspects of working with this family do you find most challenging?
- How do you intend to overcome these challenges?
- What aspects of working with this family do you believe may be comfortable for you?
- What are the family’s issues?
- On which “level”, microsystem, mesosystem, exosystem, macrosystem does the family issue need to be addressed?
- Is the family an “open” or “closed” system?
- What interventions would you use with this family?
- What factors did you consider when choosing a particular intervention?
- What do you believe the family would most appreciate from you as a counselor and why?
- What do you believe the family would least appreciate from you as a counselor and why?