Watch the video and then answer the questions listed below.
Silver and the Spanish Empire: World History Crash Course #25
1. The Aztecs formed out of an alliance of three major cities in modern day _____________ in about the year___________. They were very hierarchical, with an Emperor at the top and a group of nobles beneath him, which is just like ____________________________.
2. Priests also existed whose job was to appease the Gods to prevent disaster generally through ____________________________________.
3. The ______________ Civilization was older than the Aztecs and founded in the ______ century; they ruled over _____________________ people by the time the Spanish showed up in ____________.
4. What’s one interesting fact you learned about the Incas you didn’t know before?
5. The Spanish adopted the Inca system of Mit’a to mine and process _______________________.
6. What was dangerous about working in the mines?
7. Phillip II inherited all of Spain’s holdings in the ____________________, and in Europe and the Philippines. After losing a rebellion war to the Dutch and the English, the Spanish ________________ on their debts several times in the 17th century.
8. Although most of the silver mined in the Americas went to Europe, at least ______ went to China.
9. In the early part of the Ming Dynasty, Chinese farmers paid their taxes in ________________________, but as more silver entered the economy, the government required the people to pay taxes in silver.
10. Answer John Green’s question: Was the shift to a silver global economy worth the sacrifices (human and other) made to give you the ability to live the lifestyle you do today?
Here is the link to the video ………… https://youtu.be/rjhIzemLdos