Food Borne Illnesses Assignment
Some bacteria, protozoa, and viruses that cause foodborne illness are:
- E.coli, Salmonella
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Clostridium botulinum
- Clostridium perfringens
- Hepatitis A.
- Giardia (mainly water)
Research all of the foodborne illnesses listed above and report the following information for each.
- Disease name and whether it is a bacteria, protozoa, or virus
- Type of contamination (infection or intoxication)
- Infectious pathway (how is this pathogen transmitted to humans?)
- Possible sources and foods affected
- Incubation period
- Current statistics, how many affected, where, when etc. https://www.cdc.gov/foodborneburden/index.html (Links to an external site.)
Include a title page and a reference page. You may create a table if you would like. Complete sentences are not necessary. No Plagiarism