Research the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and 1 other environmental law or regulation of your choice. The law or regulation you choose may be a local or state regulation, or another federal law or regulation.
Reference the “Professional Email Etiquette” video for tips on composing emails.
Write a 1- to 2-page email to the director of human resources in which you detail your chosen initiative and the environmental regulations that support your initiative as a good idea for the company to pursue. In the email:
- Introduce yourself and the purpose of this specific email.
- Describe the new initiative you suggest and why it’s important to the company and community.
- Describe how the 3 laws or regulations your researched support your initiative. For each law or regulation, include the title, a description of the law or regulation, and how environmental science influenced its development.
- Example: The EPA examined the environmental impacts of six main types of pollutants in stormwater runoff, including floatable debris that commonly includes plastic, as part of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System to permit requirements and stormwater control strategies.
- Close the email with the next steps and any follow-up items.
- Sign your name.
- Format any references according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar Assistance
- Copyright 2022 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.