Reasons for Revolt: The Revolutionary American Colonial Perspective on the British Monarchy (paper)
The British King and bureaucracy (the Crown) thought the colonists were acting like spoiled children. The colonists thought the British were overbearing, taxing unfairly, and ignoring their grievances. For this assignment, take the perspective of American colonists and write a paper explaining why the British colonies in North America revolted against the Crown.
Below are some of the items to consider:
- The colonial relationship to the British before/after the French and Indian War
- The acts passed by the British government
- The grievances stated in the Declaration of Independence
- The events that escalated the division between the Crown and the colonists.
- Write a two-page paper (not including the required References page) that is formatted according to APA Requirements.
- Your paper should include at least four paragraphs with an introduction, a body with at least three fully developed paragraphs, and a conclusion. The essay should contain a fully developed and supported thesis statement.
- Include a minimum of two academic sources (journal articles, books, etc.).