Case Study 1: HP and Laws and Their Impacts
Due Week 6 and worth 80 points
Countries have imposed international laws in their own ways based around many factors. Such factors include social status, religion, economy, and more. Many enterprise organizations have ways of coping with international laws, yet most are under scrutiny of the countries.
For further assistance in understanding how companies are dealing with these types of laws, use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research Hewlett-Packard Company (HP) as an example of how a worldwide company conducts business across the globe.
Write a (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Identify at least five (5) IT-related laws and regulations that affected HP in its Asian, European, and U.S. Operations. Analyze why these laws affected HP.
- Determine the impact of the three (3) most controversial laws and analyze how they affected HP operationally and financially.
- Analyze the ethical issues that organizations, such as HP, might face when operating internationally. Determine how these issues could impact an organization and recommend the risk management strategies to mitigate the impact of these issues.
- Suggest at least three (3) ways individual organizations can reduce the necessity of these scrutinized laws and regulations without disturbing the balanced structure of other laws.
- Evaluate the equality of the scrutinized laws discussed in this assignment compared to other more globally accepted laws across countries. Provide an example to support your response.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify compliancy laws, standards, best practices, policies, and ethical issues of risk management.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in IT risk management.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to IT risk management using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions