Conduct a health history on a family member or friend.
Using the interviewing techniques learned in Module two, gather the following information. Use your textbook as your resource.
- Present Health
- Past Health
- Family History
- Review of Systems
Summarize all collected data in four page Word doc, and include your answers to the following questions in the summary.
- Was the person willing to share the information? If they were not, what did you do to encourage them?
- Was there any part of the interview that was more challenging? If so, what part and how did you deal with it?
- How comfortable were you taking a health history?
- What interviewing techniques did you use? Were there any that were difficult and if so, how did you overcome the difficulty?
- Now that you have taken a health history discuss how this information can assist the nurse in determining the health status of a client.