Global engineering theory and practice
COURSE CODE GEEN 1093
COURSE TITLE Global Engineering: Theory and Practice
1. Wordcount: at least 2,000 words – references are excluded from the wordcount;
2. Please submit ONLY word documents. PDFs or any kind of photo documents will not be marked;
3. Please do not plagiarise: any similarity index above 20% will be referred to the Ethics Committee;
4. form/Prose is highly recommended as opposed to any metrical structure of text;
5. Please title your answers, for example: Answer to Question 1 or Answer to Question 2;
6. If you need extra time, please apply for Extenuating Circumstances;
Based on the case study: ‘Netcare’s International Expansion’
Answer all three questions.
Q1. (Weight 30%)
Investigate the competencies that Netcare initially acquired in South Africa and subsequently they became internationally transferable.
Q2. (Weight 30%)
Critically reflect on the reasons the United Kingdom was an appropriate location for Netcare to do business.
Q3. (Weight 40%)
Assess the pros and cons of the various options that Netcare had either to expand internationally or do business at home.