– this should include a summary of the problem/opportunity, your solution to it, how much it will
cost, how much new revenue it will generate, other benefits to the customer
Description of Organization
– this section should contain…name, profit or nonprofit, what do they do, what industry are they
Overview of vision/mission
– if they don’t have them, develop ones for them. Should they be changed/improved?
What is the problem or opportunity?
– put together the critical information you need to know before you make recommendations
– Internal (resources, capabilities, core competencies, competitive advantage etc.)
– External (macro environment, industry, competition, customer)
– Put it all together in a SWOT
– Value proposition (how your organization is uniquely qualified to address the
Target market description
– Who is the current target market, what other markets might they pursue?
– this is where you describe, using the 4 p’s, your solution to the problem/opportunity
How you will implement your solution
– be sure to include how you will evaluate and control the implementation rollout
– costs of solution and projected new revenues, other qualitative benefits to customer