Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to assess your ability to evaluate the risks and benefits of consuming farmed fish–salmon in particular–and to apply the information to developing a healthy diet.
Complete lesson 7, read Fish Face-Off (链接到外部网站。)链接到外部网站。, do some online research about farmed vs. wild caught salmon, and then respond to the questions in a mini paper. All sources used in this assignment must be reliable, so check your sources for accuracy and bias before completing the assignment.
You also will need to cite your sources using APA format and in-text citations. Make sure to use your own words when answering these questions; if it is determined that you have plagiarized, not only will you receive a zero on the assignment, but I will have to report it as Academic Misconduct.
Once again, if you do not know how to properly cite, I would suggest going to Purdue Owl’s website; this site explains it very well as well as giving you examples to go off of. If the website still doesn’t make sense, and you’re still questioning if you’re citing the sources correctly, feel free to email me and ask questions, and I will guide you through it. I have also created a document to help you cite sources: How to Cite in APA Style.
The word document should be double-spaced, 12 point font, and 1″ margins all around. I would like you all to include an introductory and a conclusion paragraph. In addition, this assignment should be at least 3 pages long, not including your references page.
Take a Stand: Is wild salmon a better choice than farmed salmon?
Please answer the questions that follow:
- Summarize–in your own words–and discuss three risks associated with consuming farm raised salmon.
- Summarize–in your own words–and discuss two benefits associated with consuming farm raised salmon.
- Summarize–in your own words–and discuss two benefits associated with consuming wild caught salmon.
- Identify and discuss one specific reliable online resource available to consumers to help them make healthful choices when purchasing salmon and other fish. Include your links.
- Based on what you have read and considering your own opinion, would you choose farmed salmon or wild caught salmon if you were shopping for it today? Why?