• develop and record a 10-15 slide audiovisual presentation to
SLIDES WITH DETAILED SPEAKER NOTE
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Evaluate technologies used to gather patient data; inform diagnoses; and enhance care quality, safety, and outcomes.
o Describe the purpose and use of a new or upgraded telehealth technology.
o Explain the potential risks and benefits of a new or upgraded telehealth technology.
· Competency 2: Develop a collaborative technology integration strategy.
o Identify the requirements for successful deployment of a new or upgraded telehealth technology, including appropriate training for providers, patients, and the patients’ families.
· Competency 3: Develop a strategy for managing technology use that enhances patient care and organizational effectiveness.
o Explain how an organization will assess the effectiveness of a new or upgraded telehealth technology.
o Describe the type of ongoing training and technical support that will be available to a nursing staff.
· Competency 4: Promote effective technology use policies that protect patient confidentiality and privacy.
o Address patient confidentiality and privacy safeguards associated with a new or upgraded telehealth technology.
· Competency 5: Communicate effectively with diverse audiences, in an appropriate form and style, consistent with applicable organizational, professional, and scholarly standards.
o Support assertions and conclusions with relevant and credible evidence.
o Develop slides that augment a multimedia presentation.
o Communicate effectively with staff to support the implementation and use of a new or upgraded telehealth technology.