Describing the Aggregate
Describe the Aggregate
Begin the assignment by describing your aggregate. Include the following information:
- Name of the aggregate
- Geographical location and size
- A brief history
- Basic vital statistics
- Crude birth rate, infant mortality rate, life expectancy, leading causes of death, and any other relevant statistical information related to the health of the aggregate from the windshield survey.
- Explain, giving at least two reasons, why you selected this particular aggregate for your Capstone project.
With the use of public transportation or by driving a vehicle around the community, you can assess the common characteristics of the community of your selected aggregate.
Key observations to make during your windshield survey include the following:
- Age and condition of the homes in the community
- Location and condition of parks and other recreational areas
- Amount of space between homes and businesses
- Neighborhood hangouts
- Transportation in the community
- Quality of streets and sidewalks
- Types/numbers of stores and other businesses
- People out in the community
- Cleanliness of the community
- Billboards or other media displays
- Places of worship
- Availability of services—doctor, dentist, social centers, recreation centers, hospital