For this assignment, select a human service organization from a public, nonprofit, or government sector that you are familiar with, or one that you find interesting. You will use this organization to complete all of the course assignments. You must be able to access information about the organization’s governance, financial sources and practices, mission, population served, and its political and social landscape. Review all the assignments now to verify the types of information you will need about the organization in order to complete them.
The following list provides examples of acceptable types of organizations. You can select an organization of the types included on this list or propose another type of organization to your instructor. The organization must provide human service program services. The selected organization will be included in all your assignments, so you will look at leadership and collaboration practices for that organization through several areas of focus.
Possible Organization Types
- City, county, or state human services or mental health programs.
- State hospitals (Western State Hospital, Milwaukee County Hospital, or another state or county hospital in your area).
- School-based human services or case management programs.
- Private mental health organizations.
- Employee assistance programs.
- For-profit hospital or health care organizations (Humana, Kaiser-Permanente, Aurora, etcetera).
- Catholic community services.
- Lutheran Social Services.