CASE STUDY ANALYSIS QUESTIONS:
Ferrell & Gresham (1985), “A Contingency Framework for Understanding Ethical Decision Making in Marketing,” Journal of Marketing, Vol. 49 (Summer), pp. 87-96.
“Just Try and Social Distance This,” Bloomberg Businessweek, April 20, 2020, p.40-45.
Refer for your syllabus for requirements and submission deadline.
- Identify and discuss the sustainability dilemma faced by the CEO of Carnival Arnold Donald.
- Identify and discuss the ethical dilemma faced by the CEO of Carnival Arnold Donald. Apply and discuss Kelley’s situation following Ferrell & Gresham’s Contingency Framework focusing on the 3 variables impacting ethical decision making.
- Stakeholders are directly or indirectly affected by an organization’s actions. Provide 3 specific stakeholders affected by ethical situation and briefly explain the effect(s).
- Discuss the challenges in addressing the ethical dilemma faced by Donald by identifying at least 2 key issues and their subsequent implications/ramifications.
- If you were Donald, how would you have responded to the ethical dilemma?
- If you were part of Carnival’s top management, how would you implement a solution to respond to the ethical dilemma?
Each student will be required to submit a 2-page (page restriction will be strictly observed) single-spaced type-written case analysis (TEXT only, not including references or title page). Use 12 pt font in your submission.
The Q&A (Question & Answer) format is required in organizing your analysis/submission. Those who do not follow the Q&A format will be penalized (0 pts. for ‘Organization’ – see rubric below). Text written after the 2nd page will not be read nor graded. References should be included in a separate page, if utilized. To guide you in your case analysis, be sure to read the appropriate chapters and/or assigned readings. The discussion questions (for posting purposes) will also help you frame your analysis. Each case study is worth 15 points.
Cases will be evaluated base on the following:
(1) Use of research facts to validate your recommendations/suggestions – 6 points
(2) Integration of previous and/or current chapters’ concepts into the analysis. – 6 points
(3) Organization of analysis contents – 3 points