In Section 1, you will provide the specifications of your personal BYOD computing device. In Section 2, you will provide a brief description/explanation of the specifications of your device. You will learn about the specifications and capabilities of your machine in the process.
This task will require you to investigate your machine’s internals. How you locate your system information will vary by operating system.
Include a screenshot showing key system information.
How Will My Work Be Evaluated?
For this assignment, you are asked to complete the Hudson Fisher Associates (HFA) Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Registration Form to ensure your device meets the organization’s minimum information technology (IT) baseline specifications and security requirements. The first part of the assignment requires you to access and document your machine’s specifications. In the second part, you will provide explanatory details on the specifications.
By documenting your specifications and explaining your results in an effective narrative format, you are showing how you use your technical knowledge to convey your ideas to others in a professional setting. Your ability to express your findings using the right mix of technical detail in a business context is an important workplace skill.
The following evaluation criteria aligned to the competencies will be used to grade your assignment:
- 1.4.2: Use vocabulary appropriate for the discipline, genre, and intended audience.
- 2.3.2: Incorporate relevant evidence to support the position.
- 3.1.1: Identify quantitative information that is relevant to a problem or situation.
- 10.1.2: Gather project requirements to meet stakeholder needs.
- 12.8.1: Recognize the process to obtain approval from the business process owner.