350 word newsletter on gastrointestinal system
Complete your week 4 newsletter (260 to 350 words), in your own words.
Microsoft Word has a newsletter template that can be utilized for your assignment.
Each of the following elements must be included in your Gastrointestinal System newsletter.
- Identify the structure and function of the gastrointestinal system.
- Identify the major structures found in the system.
- Define the function of this system.
- Describe major diseases that affect the gastrointestinal system.
- Identify 1 or 2 major diseases that affect the system.
- Describe the disease(s) identified.
- Describe major laboratory and diagnostic tests that are used to assess gastrointestinal diseases.
- Using the disease(s) identified in the previous prompt, identify the most common laboratory and diagnostic test used to access the disease(s).
- Describe the test identified.
- Describe the main health care providers for the gastrointestinal department.
- Identify the main health care providers in this department.
- Describe the role they play (to the patient, facility, or community) and the types of patients they see (typical demographics, age, gender).
Cite at least 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references. For additional information on how to properly cite your sources, log on to the Center for Writing Excellence.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.